Do you consider yourself right-leaning or Conservative?
If so, we’d like to know what you think about news coverage. Take the survey.
These labels have created distrust among New Mexicans and the journalists who serve in many of their communities.
As the leader of your community newspaper, my goal is always to provide fact-based and unbiased reporting, to publish journalism that explores solutions and highlights issues of import in our community. That job is impeded when readers feel they cannot trust the journalism and the journalists, or that the work does not adequately reflect their views.
That is why I am proud to announce the Carlsbad Current-Argus, Alamogordo Daily News and Ruidoso News are partnering with Trusting News in the Re-engaging the Right project.
Re-engaging the Right is an effort to explore the challenges for the news industry around the political divide in trust of news organizations by surveying consumers of news who identify as right-leaning or Conservative.
Your participation will help us and the wider journalism industry better understand and reflect your views. Participation is simple: Fill out a survey by visiting http://bit.ly/newstrustsurvey and sign up to be interviewed. Not all those who sign up for interviews will be chosen, but those who are will receive a $25 gift card.
Others taking part in Re-engaging the Right:These newsrooms are finding out what conservatives think of their local journalism
Data from the survey and interviews will be analyzed by the Center for Media Engagement to provide us, and other newsroom partners throughout the U.S., with better strategies to serve our Conservative readers.
Trusting News is a nonprofit research and training organization designed to help responsible journalists demonstrate credibility and actively earn trust. Find out more by visiting trustingnews.org.
Re-engaging the Right newsrooms
- Anchorage Daily News, Anchorage, AK
- BenitoLink, Hollister, CA
- Bucks County Courier Times, Middletown, PA
- Burlington Free Press, Burlington, VT
- Carlsbad Current-Argus / Alamogordo Daily News / Ruidoso News, Carlsbad, NM
- Carolina Public Press, Asheville, NC
- Chattanooga Times Free Press, Chattanooga, TN
- Cincinnati.com/The Enquirer, Cincinnati, OH
- Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX
- Documented NY, New York, NY
- Iowa Falls Times Citizen, Iowa Falls, IA
- Jefferson City News Tribune, Jefferson City, MO
- KCUR, Kansas City, Mo
- KIVI, Nampa/Boise, ID
- New Hampshire Public Radio, Manchester, NH
- Northeaster, Minneapolis, MN
- Peninsula Publishing and Distribution, Baileys Harbor, WI
- Rappahannock News & Foothills Forum, Rappahannock County, VA
- Redding Record Searchlight, Redding, CA
- The Alpena News, Alpena, MI
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta, GA
- The Current, Lafayette, LA
- The Day, New London CT
- The Journal Gazette, Fort Wayne, IN
- The Mercury, Pottstown, PA
- The Oconee Enterprise, Oconee County, GA
- The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City, OK
- Victoria Advocate, Victoria, TX
- WCPO, Cincinnati, OH
- WITF, Harrisburg, PA
New Mexico’s 2021 Legislative Session:Energy, environment bills see mixed success
Jessica Onsurez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, @JussGREAT on Twitter at by phone at 575-628-5531.